Conference

As I was sitting in priesthood session of this weekend’s general conference (more on this in a minute), I was once again amazed at the memory of President Monson. It is a true wonder how he can recall so many experiences from his past and tie them to a gospel theme. I suspect that President Monson has a well above average memory, but more than that, I would bet he has volumes upon volumes of journals that he draws from. Within my own earthly existance, there are numerous experiences that I wish to capture in words. It is in this cause that I begin this blog.

Now,back to conference. I told Nik that all too often we are blessed with that resonating spirit of conference that tells us that we can do better, but in the coming months, weeks, and sometimes days, that spirit wanes until it only briefly shows itself in the form of a home teaching message or maybe a sacrament talk. So, it is my challenge to keep that resolve to do a little better, that spirit that comes from hearing the testimonies of the Lord's anointed, at the forefront of my mind. With a concerted effort, maybe it will stay with me through this holiday season and last long enough to create a much better Darren. And come April, I will be ready for another dose.

0 comments: